Michaella McCollum and Melissa Reid to return home. In the latest development in the case of the “Peru Two” Michaella McCollum and Melissa Reid, it seems as if they will be allowed to serve their sentence back home after the British and Peruvian authorities reach an agreement which will seen the women serve their sentence out in a British Jail.
The two girls were caught last summer attempting to smuggle 11kg of cocaine out of the country last summer and quickly made headlines across the world being dubbed the “Peru Two”.
At first they claimed they had been forced into doing this by drug dealers but later admitted that they did it via their own free will for a reported £5000. The girls were facing a much lengthier sentence if they had put in a not guilty plea.
In the end they were sentenced to six years and eight months in December of last year. They are currently serving time at the Ancon 2 jail outside of Lima after being transferred from the Virgen De Fatima prison complex.Britian has agreed to take the two girls into the British prison system due to a repatriation agreement in place between the two countries. This however is not an instant thing and it is expected to take a few months before the women will actually be repatriated.
What do you think? Should they be allowed to serve out their sentence in the UK? Do you feel like they are getting special treatment?
Mallorca Rocks, the sister brand of the famous Ibiza Rocks is coming to an End. The group behind the hotel has decided that they will be pulling out of Magaluf at the end of the season to concentrate on Ibiza and global expansion plans. I’m sure many fans of the hotel will be gutted to see such a loved and exciting brand go.
Mallorca Rocks to pull out of Magaluf at the end of the season.
Full Press release below.
Ibiza Rocks Group today announce that this will be the final year of Mallorca Rocks. After five seasons operating the summer-long series of open-air gigs at the Mallorca Rocks Hotel, the market leading youth brand have made the decision to leave the resort of Magaluf at the end of the summer in order to focus on expansion plans both in Ibiza and globally.
Andy McKay, Founder & CEO, Ibiza Rocks Group says: ‘As the Ibiza Rocks Group expands with exciting new hotel and event projects in Ibiza and beyond, our strategic agenda has changed and the time is right for us to move on at the end of the summer season. We are really proud of what we have brought to the Mallorcan resort of Magaluf but we are pulling out of the resort in September. We will concentrate on building our Ibizan infrastructure and our global expansion plan and feel this is the right movement at the right moment for the Ibiza Rocks brand.’
Mallorca Rocks Hotel, events and retail stores will continue to operate as normal until the end of the season, after which all trading activity will cease.
The latest development since Magaluf made world headlines for a girl giving 24 blowjobs in a bar is that Carnage Magaluf and Playhouse Bar have been Shutdown.
Both companies have been told they must shut down for a year and the owners of Playhouse Bar have been hit with a €43,500 fine. They are allowed to appeal the decision so this could change in the future.
See below for a statement from a local spokesman.
A council spokesman said: “The town hall has shown it is acting in a scrupulous legal fashion. We’ve acted only when a full and conclusive police report was in place.
“We haven’t acted on the spur of the moment based on the sole evidence of a video posted on the Internet. I think the message is clear.
“The town hall won’t tolerate activities of the kind featured in the video under any circumstances. We will use all the laws we have available to us to ensure there is no repetition.
“Playhouse and Carnage now have 15 days to defend themselves and I am sure they will do so because a 12-month closure could make anything think about closing up permanently.”
The spokesman added: “There’s nothing to stop Carnage opening up again under a different name if the council decision prospers. But if they chose to do so they’ll have to be aware of what they’re up against.
“A lot of bars and hotels they have been working with might not be so keen to work with them in the future. The fine of 55.000 Euros is a joint fine they can pay between them but the closure orders affects them both for the full 12 months.”
So should Carnage chose to, they could be back soon under a new name, however time will tell to see if they choose to do this. We wonder what will happen next in this on going saga.
After Magaluf hit the headlines in the last few weeks, we happened to be out there for four nights last week and the good news is Magaluf is still the same and that is a good thing. This is what we discovered during our short trip to the Spanish party island.
- absolutely nothing has changed, the place is still rammed with revelers looking to party into the night. People are still drinking the night away and partying till the very early hours of the morning.
- The reps are still on the streets trying to drag you in their bars as you try to walk up the strip.
- Bar crawls are still going on, granted you are not so likely to see the activities that hit the headlines in recent weeks and the reps now have to wear a high vis vest but the bar crawls are defiantly in full swing.
- People are still drinking the cheap and nasty Rushkinoff vodka and the Rushkinoff cough is defiantly taking many victims every day.
- Jeremey Kyle got pepper sprayed while he was out there, so that’s always a good thing.
Basically just ignore the papers, ignore anything that says Magaluf is changing. Magaluf will never change for one reason, money! They will never end the cash cow they have there.
Does anyone remember Falarki? They tried to end clubbing holidays, realised there was no money in turning it into a family resort, then tried to get the clubbers back. It was too little too late, and that place is dead as dead can be now. Magaluf will never make this mistake.
Girl gives 24 blowjobs in Magaluf, Should you feel sorry for her?
I’m sure by now you have all heard or seen the video of this girl in Magaluf who for some crazy reason decided that giving 24 blow jobs in a nightclub was a good idea. Now while we are not condoning what she did as a good idea, it wasn’t, it was low class and a very trashy thing to do. Please don’t take this as us defending this girl, we just feel that other people must also take some responsibility in this.
- The ‘lady’ was most likely drunk, as were the men taking part. I am sure there were people in the club including the managers and security who are supposed to be there to keep everything above board. Where were they when all of this was going on? In fact, where was her friends?
- You may say that this type of thing has gone on for years and that is true. Unfortunately this is 2014 and with a camera in every pocket and Twitter and Facebook providing real time sharing of these type of things, how could they not know that this would end up somewhere where she didn’t want it? Most importantly the person who uploaded this video to the internet is an idiot, but she only has her self to blame.
- From all reports, she is only 18. Granted we wasn’t all sucking 24 dicks in a nightclub in Magaluf at this age but im sure we have all done some pretty silly things. A mixture of being dumb and naïve probably led this girl to do such a silly thing.
- The guys are just as bad as she is. This video is unfair for 1 reason, her face is clear to make out while every single guy has their face hidden. It seems like this video was always intended to be distributed as whoever was operating the camera seems to take care to make sure only she was exposed in the video.
- The story goes that she was promised a holiday that turned out to be a cocktail. Well sucking 24 dicks from a holiday shows major greed and is quite clearly an absolutely disgusting thing to even consider, there is no defence for that. However she was still misled about her reward for completing her dick sucking marathon.
So while she did a completely slutty thing and will have to live with the shame of this for a long time to come, the people in the club including the men who took part are equally guilty but seem to get away with it due to them not being exposed in the video.
Furthermore the management of the club and the organisers of this event also need to take some responsibility as they should have stopped this well before it even got going.
Do not take this as us defending or condoning what this girl has done. At the end of the day she is an adult and has to take responsibility for what she has done. Nobody forced her to take part, and nobody forced her down on her knees and to open her mouth. Maybe this woman needs to start asking herself “What would my parents think?” before making any decisions in the future.
What do you think? Leave us a comment below.
A frequent question that comes up on our clubbing holiday forum is how old is too old to be going on a clubbing holiday? The answer to this question really does depend on where you are planning on going. Each resort has it’s own age demographic that should be taken into consideration when booking a clubbing holiday. Now lets answer the question how old is too old to go on a clubbing holiday
Magaluf / Kavos – Very popular with school leavers and college kids due to the cheap cost of getting there and the fact that it is a very cheap place to be. If you are older than say 22-23 you might feel a bit old here. These are popular choices for many peoples first clubbing holiday before they graduate onto somewhere else.
Young To Mid Twenties
Most resorts fall into this range, these are places that you would find a group of 18 year olds as often as you would find a group of 25 year olds. This includes Malia, Sunny Beach & Ayia Napa.
These resorts are good places to be as everyone heads there so you get a nice mix.
Young To Older Resorts
Now the more mature clubber ages 27+ you most likely do not want to be surrounded by a group of 18 year old kids. Fortunately you will find resorts that will also have mature people. The most popular are Ibiza in Europe or Thailand, Las Vegas & Miami.
Weekend breaks in places such as Amsterdam, Prague and Berlin are also good bets if you are looking for something short.
So to sum up, no matter what your age (within reason) there is a resort that you can go to, and remember what they say, your only as young as you feel.
With the temperature in the city rising, what better thing to do than dance ’til you drop at the coolest indoor and outdoor clubs in Budapest? A couple of hours away from the UK you will find Budapest’s world-renowned nightlife, with dozens of new venues popping up monthly. Clubs showcase internationally praised DJs and up and coming local beats, so you can find whatever gets your pulse racing. Here is a flavor of the hippest clubs you where you can cut your shapes to the biggest beats. Here is our list of The 5 Best Clubs in Budapest.
- Ötkert –Without a doubt, Ötkert is one of the most renowned party venues in downtown Budapest. Situated in elegant Zrínyi Street, in the heart of the city surrounded by mesmerizing sights such as St. Stephen’s Basilica and the Danube Promenade. Ötkert offers reasonable prices, no entry fee, a diverse menu, and varied programmes including exhibitions, concerts, acoustic evenings, conferences, and DJ sets, so you’ll certainly find what your looking for.
- Hello Baby – Is the new big thing in Budapest, housed in the ornamental Haggenmacher Palace, built in 1886 on the corner of Eötvös Street and Andrássy Avenue and designed by Henrik Schmahl. The interior is amazing, with an inner courtyard, and a local branch of Budapest’s public library working there in the daytime. At night, the freshly opened giant bar provides good parties, cocktails and a wide range of urban electronic music. If you love urban chic, Hellobaby is the place to be.
- Trafiq –The first club in 21st Century Budapest to conjure up the carefree atmosphere that characterized the city’s nights a hundred years ago. Dead serious naughtiness. An apocalypse floating in the air. An act of one-night worldwide redemption. An intriguing place to dance until you drop.
- Akvárium – Akvárium Klub and surrounding Erzsébet tér are one of the most well-known meeting spots and one of the most popular party venues. Thousands of youngsters get together here night after night to chill out and dance. Akvárium Klub is more than a simple bar: it is a melting pot of contemporary arts, a venue showcasing unique events and concerts from mainstream to underground. Akvárium is a great spot with a friendly atmosphere that offers cool concerts, exhibitions and various performances.
- Szecska clubbing nights, Szechenyi Baths – Satisfy your inner culture vulture by partying to unique DJ-sets, mindblowing laser and smoke-formations, bars full of liquid and edible delicacies. Dancing ’til dawn in the Szechenyi Baths is something you will never forget. Expect tantalising tunes, very little clothing and great drinks.
Come and enjoy the very best of Budapest, live the city, and live the summer party dream – visit Budapest for the Budapest Essentials Festival (29 May – 1 June) to experience the coolest clubs and best DJs.
When going abroad you are going abroad you will need to change your money into the local currency. Unfortunately changing money is not as easy as it should be. Luckily for you we have put together this post to help you get the best foreign exchange rate.
- Change money at home – But it isn’t so simple as walking into the nearest foreign exchange shop and getting the best rate.
You will see everyone offering no commission which sounds good, but really it is nothing more than clever marketing. Sure they are not charing you commission on the day, but the rate you get is lower than the real exchange rate on the money markets. This is how they make their money.
For this reason you need to shop around as the rates can vary a lot from place to place. You need to remember that most companies have an online rate that is far better than the in store rate. This is even more important when changing money at airports as the rates in the airport are some of the worst around.
Lastly, pay for foreign currency in cash. The reason for this is that most card providers look at foreign exchange as a cash advance and charge you a fee for doing so. It is much cheaper to withdraw the cash from the cash machine than to use your debit or credit card.
- Change money abroad – The rate abroad is usually a bit better than it is at home so many people prefer to take their home currency with them and just change it locally. This isn’t a bad idea there are just a few things to confirm before you make a purchase.
First always make sure how much you will get before handing over ANY money. Some places will advertise a rate on a board but in the small print it says you will only get this if you change say 1500.
Secondly make sure you ask what the commission will be.
- Use your card abroad – Now this sounds great in theory, take your card, use it when you need cash. unfortunately the banks don’t make it so easy. Normally you will get a pretty good rate but there is a high chance your bank will charge you a fee to take your money out. Depending on how much this fee is, it could make this method expensive. It is normally better to take large amounts out to save paying the fee every time you use a cash machine.
- Prepaid foriegn exchange cards - I do not like these cards at all. You load them up with cash but you are faced with all the same ATM fees as well as any fees the card charges you as well. You might as well just use your debit card.
It’s almost like a right of passage to head to Magaluf for a clubbing holiday. Magaluf attracts everything from school leavers to people on stag and hen do’s, It really does draw in all ages.
If you have booked up and are wondering what the best things to do in Magaluf are, just follow this list and you will have a great time.
- BCM – No trip to Magaluf will be complete without a trip to the biggest club on the island. Ranked in the top clubs in the world and packed all summer with headline DJ’s, this place literally never stops rocking.
- The Beach - Magaluf has one of the best beaches in any clubbing holiday resort without a doubt. If you don’t spend at least a few hours here during your holiday then you have most definitely missed out. The beach has clear blue sea and golden sand and really is a picturesque place to chill out.
- Carnage Bar Crawl – Do you like alcohol? Yes. Do you like members of the opposite sex? Yes. In this case you are bound to love Magaluf’s Carnage Bar Craw. Operating every Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday the Carnage Bar Crawl will give you a T shirt, 4 hours of unlimited drink & shots & more importantly, music and members of the oposite sex. We like to refer to this as the essentials
- Western Water Park – No holiday to a hot country would be complete without a trip to a water park. Luckily for you as long as your hangover isn’t to bad and you manage to get up and out of bed, Magaluf has a water park not to far away.
- Magaluf Booze Cruise – A warm up before you get on the boat, 2.5 hour cruise, unlimited beer and sangria, free t shirt, members of the opposite sex and great music. What else could you possibly need?
Now get yourself to Magaluf and enjoy yourselves! That’s an order
Sausage fest, cock fest, dick farm, we have heard the ratio in Magaluf refered to by every name under the sun over the years. We have run this website for a long time and the one question that comes up year after year is “What is the boy to girl ratio in Magaluf”.
Well im afraid all the rumours you have heard are true, for some reason Magaluf seems to attract huge numbers of guys all year round. Don’t get us wrong, there will also be women there but they will be hugely outnumbered.
For some reason and more than it happens in other resorts, you get huge groups of men going to Magaluf. We are talking 20-40 men going together which obviously does nothing for the ratios in the resort.
We say don’t even worry about it, as it doesn’t really matter that much. If you focus on going and having a good time you wont even realise the ratio.
Watch this video and get answers from the people on the strip.
What do you think about the Magaluf ratio? Discuss it on our clubbing holiday forum.